Virginia's Oldest Gun Rights Organization
The Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) was originally founded as the Virginia State Rifle and Revolver Association in 1938. VSSA is the official state association of the National Rifle Association. VSSA is also closely affiliated with the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP), National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), and the Virginia Gun Collectors Association.
The goals of VSSA are to:
- unite shooters, hunters, sportsmen, collectors and all other law abiding firearms enthusiasts to promote the safe and responsible use of firearms;
- promote the development of the shooting sports and the facilities necessary to the shooting sports; and,
- provide a united voice at all levels of government to defend the shooting sports, and firearms ownership.
See our full list of accomplishments here.
VSSA Members Get a Discount for United Self Defense Law Firm, PLLC, Services. Click here to learn more.
Gun owners won the battle of the 2015 Election but we must continue to fight the war that will surely come in 2016 both in the General Assembly and the Presidential Election
VSSA is a member of the Official Cabela's Affiliate Program. When you make a purchase from Cabela's using the link on our web site or blog, VSSA earns a commission.
VSSA NEEDS YOU!!!
Membership Has Its Benefits
- VSSA's Member Publication The Bullet;
- VSSA's Weekly E-Bullet Electronic Newsletter
- VSSA Legislative Alerts
- VSSA Annual Member Raffle
- Full time salaried lobbyist protecting your gun rights during the Virginia General Assembly;
- Partcipate in VSSA sanctioned competitive shooting events;
- Discounts at selected VSSA sponsored clinics.
- Discounts on Avis and Budget rental car services (note: link only available to VSSA Members)
- VSSA is a CMP-eligible club. Visit thecmp.org to see how you can purchase surplus military firearms, ammunition, parts and other items available only to members of CMP affiliated clubs.
For more detailed information about VSSA click here.
Need to change your address, add your email address or add your phone number? Click here.
Did you know you can join NRA or renew your NRA Members through VSSA and save $10? All you have to do is click here!
Visit the VSSA Store for Official Logo Merchandise
VSSA on Sportman Channel's NRANews Cam and Company Talking about PolitiFact rating Tim Kaine's statement about gun sales as "Mostly False."
VSSA was featured prominently as part of NRANews' pre-Annual Meeting program at the 2014 NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits.
VSSA spoke with John Popp and Cameron Gray of NRANews.com about Concealed Handgun Permit Holder Privacy that became law on July 1, 2013.
Support VSSA's Legislative War Chest. Donate online by clicking here.
Notice: VSSA transitioned to an all digital member publication in 2012 and it is only delivered via email. Click here to join VSSA and to have access to the digital newsletter.
Subscribers of the VSSA email list are the first to know about important legislative updates. VSSA's eBullet, the Official Electronic Newsletter is emailed weekly on Friday. All you need to do to subscribe is click here.
Please Support Our Advertisers and Let Them Know You Saw Their Ad on the VSSA Web Site!!!
The Polk County Gun Club is holding an GSM Clinic and As-Issued Militry Matches on Nov. 21, Dec. 19, 2015, Jan. 16 and Feb. 20, 2016. The location of the range is: Polk County Gun Club in Columbus, NC. Firing Begins: 10:00AM.
For more information you may contact the match director: Greg Ficklin at [email protected] .
For information on holding a CMP affiliated match please check out the CMP Competitions Webpage at http://www.thecmp.org/Competitions.htm.
We hope you will take time to browse the tabs (links) on the left side of this page. If you have any questions, please contact us by calling (540) 672-5848 or by email.
Click here to Join or Renew your NRA Membership and save $10